Taking care of a senior loved one is a challenging task. It requires a lot of strength, patience, and mental stability. That is why if things start to overwhelm you, take this as a sign for you to take a break.
Here are some factors that can lead to caregiver burnout:
- Role confusion and unrealistic expectations
- Lack of control and unreasonable demands
Some of its symptoms include:
- Getting sick more often and self-harm
- Feeling irritable, helpless, and hopeless
- Loss of interest in activities previously joined
- Withdrawal from friends, family, and loved ones
- Changes in appetite, weight, and sleeping patterns
Avoid caregiver burnout by getting respite care services right away. You can seek help from those who provide In-Home Services in Pennsylvania since they offer respite care under their services.
Here at Compassionate Hearts Home Care of PA, a trusted provider of Home Care in Yeadon, Pennsylvania, we are experts when it comes to helping individuals improve their quality of life without compromising their comfort and independence. We want to deliver quality care for our clients so we have provided a range of services that can fit their needs.