As we get older, medications become a normal part of our life. Proper medication management is important because it helps meet healthcare goals. It may lead to better symptom management, successful recovery, or improved overall health.
Below are some tips that will guide you in managing your or a senior loved one’s medications:
- Never try to self-medicate.
Always heed the advice of your physician and take your prescription as directed. You can take your prescription safely and effectively if you do this.
- Retain a list of every drug you are now taking.
Some drugs have the potential to impair memory. Therefore, keep a running record of when and how much of your prescriptions you have taken.
- Establish a consistent schedule for taking your medication.
Including your prescription in your standard routine will help you remember to take it on time.
- Don’t be afraid to speak with your pharmacist or doctor if you have questions regarding your drugs or would like more information.
They are the knowledgeable professionals who can assist you with your prescriptions.
- Do not wait for your prescriptions to run out before filling them.
This will help ensure that you stay on schedule with your medications.
If you need high-quality home care in Yeadon, Pennsylvania, worry no more because Compassionate Hearts Home Care of PA has got you covered.
We are one of the leading providers of reliable in-home services in Pennsylvania. Our goal is to assist you in living a safe, comfortable, and independent life. Allow us to give you the care that you need and deserve.